Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Unawatuna did smile! (Project end report.)





Children, artists , trishaw driver, old ladys, tourists, villagers and beautiful people from Colombo made a day of smiles and fun for us all. “Our village came together without anyone organizing them to do so” that’s what Ralahami (a Trishaw diver from the village) told me.





This project had a lot of trouble from the start, but I was determined to make it happen! The final three days where so much work, this county is built in way to make things hard for you.





There were times I thought it will never happen but I was far to stubborn to let anyone one or anything stop me. My words to the village monk where: “I will do it, even if i have to do it by myself”.




After the Tsunami it was very important for me to give something back to Unawatuna, at least to feel like I did. It’s very personal.

I could have never done any of this without the help and kindness of all of you. I like to thank all those who came to help, the ones that helped with materials, cash, and participation and for all those who even thought about helping. I believe even a thought helps as you are sending positive energy.





The wall looks amazing and the villagers have promised me to take care of it.
So next time you get a idea that you think will help others and you like to do, don’t let it go by, keep at it and make it happen, our sprit is stronger then we think it to be.

No comments: